The Good Stuff.....It's all about the Food

It's summer...It's hot....It's Texas.....

So that means 2 things....Hit the Pool and have an Ice Pop

We made these the other day....

Basically this calls for 3 things.  

3 cups of strawberries, 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 1/3 cup water.

Puree until some chunks of berries remain....pour half out....puree the rest until smooth.  Stir the 2 mixtures together...pour into molds

BAM

Nothing better on a hot day....



The Busy Budgeting Mama posted about this recipe the other day on her blog....

(using her photo)



My mouth drooled and then I promptly added it to Monday's dinner plans b/c I couldn't wait to eat that sweet plate of goodness

You can't go wrong....
* we added a 1/4 cup butter to the pasta and extra olive oil to the tom/basil/mozz mixture...I'd even like to add some red wine vinegar next time for an added zing!  Over all it was a huge hit.  Oldest child had friends over and the boys went for 2nds  WINNER!

Last week we made this dish from Frigo Cheese
What I changed?
 *instead of penne I used Spaghetti broken in half (break in half before adding to pan)
 * I don't think I cooked it an additional 15mins at the end..just long enough to melt cheese
 *I stirred the entire thing at the end to blend together.

WILL I MAKE AGAIN?  YES
WILL I MAKE SAME CHANGES?  YES


skillet_dtl

Cheesy Sausage & Pepper Skillet


Ingredients 1 lb. bulk mild Italian sausage
1 green or yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 jar (24 to 26 oz.) marinara sauce
1-1/2 cups water
2 cups (6 oz.) uncooked penne pasta
1 container (15 oz.) Frigo® Whole Milk or Part Skim Ricotta cheese
1 cup freshly shredded Frigo® Part Skim Mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup freshly grated Frigo® Parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp. chopped Italian parsley

Directions Brown Italian sausage with peppers in 12-inch skillet over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink, about 12 minutes.  Pour off drippings.
Stir in marinara sauce and water; bring to a boil.  Stir in pasta; reduce heat to medium-low.  Simmer, covered, until pasta is almost tender, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile mix cheeses and parsley; set aside.
Spoon cheese mixture in 12 dollops on top of pasta mixture; bring to a boil.  Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until pasta is tender and cheese is slightly melted, about 15 minutes.  Garnish with additional grated Parmesan cheese, as desired.


There you go...I just gave you 2 dinner ideas for the week!  No Excuses!

Comments

Unknown said…
Those strawberry pops look so good!
Katie said…
Yum! I need to get out my zuko and make more popsicles!
Amber said…
Okay this post has me drooling
Jumping Jack said…
You always make me HUNGRY!

Popular Posts