You Want To Be What When You Grow Up????


Yesterday was the first day of school for the kids. I had 3 kids in 3 different schools. Luckily...1 rides the bus....(to far to drive him too)...1 rides the bike and the other has me take him and then he rides bus home. So really it's just a matter of timing. What's worse is this year they changed the school times so I'm totally confused myself!

When kids came home it was chaos....back packs flying...papers shoved at my face to sign...loud fast talking (that would be mini me)

I tried to settle everyone down with a little monkey munch snack...it worked ...for a bit...then off they were again! My kitchen look like a bomb of notebook paper exploded! Next thing I knew it was time to start dinner and oldest child walked through the door...not 5 mins later hubs came home from work...that's how late the bus comes w/my child...whew!

Dinner was fun hearing about all their first days and who was in their class and how lunch was etc etc.

Later that evening I noticed some note cards 2nd child (the 11 yr old) had for me to sign. Basic info...student name...dob...favorite food...music...
You know the 'getting to know you cards'
It wasn't until I got to "what do you want to be when you grow up" that grabbed my attention. He wrote ..

MATTRESS SALESMAN.

Ok? ummmm How on earth did he come up with that...no one in our family sells furniture...and I don't think he's ever been shopping with us.

So I did what every good mother would do

Me: "Umm honey...you wrote Mattress Salesman...how did you come up with that?"

2nd child: "Well I like to sleep and thought that what better place to work than around beds and mattresses all day"

Me: (stares trying really hard not to bust out laughing)

That's my boy!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comments

Drew's Mom said…
That is hilarious!! I've never looked at it that way, but I guess that would be the job for me too than.. Lol Maybe he should be the product tester instead of the salesperson =)
LeAnna said…
HAHA! That is tooo funny!
Keli said…
thats hilarious!!
jen said…
At least he thought about it before he wrote it!
Makes sense to me.
Sam said…
Alright, that is, without a doubt, the GREATEST answer to that question ever. If you don't mind, I'm totally linking back to this post in my post for today, it's perfect for what I'm blogging about!
OMG! He is soooo funny! LOVE IT!

Cute photo of mini me!
Unknown said…
Priceless! The things kids come up with. He totally has a point though! haha
Marian said…
Ahahahaha. Seriously, that line should be on "Kids Say the Darndest Things". That is adorable. And he totally has a point;)
I Do Declare said…
CUTE! Maybe I should look into working at Sealy!
Anonymous said…
Haha! How funny, what an interesting choice!
Oh my... so funny.... I love it.... sounds like something my 16 yr old would say.
Genesis said…
at least hes thinking things through! tell him he should open his own store and then ask him if I can come work for him.
Tara said…
That's AWESOME! :)
Neely said…
I had my first day of grad school yesterday too! Thats super funny about what the 11 year old said and I love the picture of kate on her bike! Is lilly freaking out with no one around all day?
Oh my gosh, that is so dang funny! Hehe!! I love it!
I wish I taught kids that age so I could hear this sort of thing daily. Its just too funny.
Annie said…
haha....thats so funny!!

your house must be crazy right now!! I cant even imagine!!
Stephanie said…
LOL Seems logical to me...

Oh and all the paper work that they come home with on the first eay of school. Ug. Makes my heart race a bit! Too much!
carissa said…
bahahahaha!!!! how'd he even know what that is?!

Popular Posts