My new toy

My hubby got me, I mean the kids, a Wii system back in July. I had to do a lot of selling on ebay to get that for me, I mean the kids...but by golly I sold and earned the money. Now let me start off by saying I hate playing video games. I think they are boring and time consuming and just plan stupid. I have the attention span of a tiny mouse, but I was intrigued about this new Wii that came out this past Christmas. To think that there was a game you could swing around and hit things and bounce things and have more than you and a buddy play....the whole family could. I LOVE IT....I AM A DORK I LOVE IT SO MUCH. Well, for a few weeks now I have been seeing a promo for a new game called Boogie. You sing and dance. I begged and pleaded and hubby bought it for me, I mean the kids, this weekend. I have never had so much fun in my life. I'm singing at the top of my lungs to "Girls just wanna have fun". The kids are looking at me like I'm nuts. I tried telling them that mommy grew up to that song. My daughter was like, "they had music in the 60's?" Well yes they did, but mommy wasn't born in the 60's thank you very much! Ok I suck at karaoke and my dancing skills look like that of a new born colt, but I love pretending I'm a star. I love watching the kids faces turn purple from laughing so hard. I love hearing their screams of laughter. I can't wait for the kids to head to school tomorrow...I want that thing all to myself....hee hee That is after I do all my chores. (chokes down laughter)
Point of this story? Yes, there is a point...you have to at least try this game system for at least 1 week and tell me you don't have fun!

Comments

Becky said…
You crack me up! I remember asking my mom if they had cars when she was little. :)

I bought my husband a new Playstation 2 after his old one broke. (Mainly because he had plugged in the old Nintendo and I was getting sick of the repetitive Nintendo-music.) I'm the same way... I hate video games because they take too much bloody time. But last night I found a Simpsons driving game and started playing. Ryan walked in and joined me, and we had a grand old time driving Bart and Homer around Springfield.

Popular Posts