The IT house, not the IT girl


From the time I was a little girl I knew that when I grew up I wanted to be exactly what my mom was... A STAY AT HOME MOM. SAHM as we girls like to call it.
I wanted to have a slew of kids that I could walk to the bus stop every morning and wave as they rode off to school.
I wanted to have a slew of kids walk in the door after school screaming they were hungry and wanted a snack.
I wanted the doorbell to ding dong off the wall because so many children were coming over to play.
I wanted to have the IT house.


In the old neighborhood the kids never rode the bus.
In the old neighborhood there were never any children around to come and ring the doorbell asking someone to play.

In the old neighborhood my kids didn't want to play outside because there was nothing to do.

Fast forward to today!
I can't tell you how thrilled I am. I truly love this new town. My husband promised me a great life when he married me and a great place to raise our kids. Boy was he right on both.

Our doorbell never quits ringing. I get tickled at meeting all these new faces.
The latest one is a little 6 yr old boy named Zachery who comes over to play with my Kate. He is always thirsty and always wants to throw the football. Kate can't understand him. She is all girl and only wants to play princess, dress up, or babies....neither of which Zach wants any part of. He came over again after dinner last night and went straight to the kitchen for water. Then told Kate he wanted to throw the ball. I told Kate what a great idea. She gives me this 'oh mother' look and heads out the back door....As I'm watching out the window at the 2 of them I realized the differences in both. As soon as Zach gets near Kate with the ball she chunks it. She doesn't want to get tackled. Zach tackles anyways and I hear Kate tell him to quit because the grass is itchy! Game over! I decided to go out and join them in a game of "monkey in the middle" I'm the monkey! After he leaves Kate says, "I just don't get boys mommy!" Little does she know that one day she will love to have boys come over and play...right now they are just well, just boys.

There is something about this house. I love looking out my living room windows and seeing my boys fishing at the pond. I love looking out my kitchen windows at the green belt and seeing the kids rolling in the grass. I love bandaging little legs that got scraped from falling off their bike. I love hearing my doorbell ring for the millionth time with little people on the other side asking to come in and play.

This is what I envisioned when I was little. This is the IT house I always wanted!

Comments

Michelle said…
That is wonderful you have a good neighborhood where you can get to know people. Ours is kinda like that but a little difficult with everyone on 1 acre + lots.
I can't wait for the day I can tell my boys "go outside and play" and them come in with a bunch of tiny burrs stuck in their socks (when I said play in the FRONT yard not the back field...)

Popular Posts