Peanut Butter Pretzel Pops



Peanut Butter....Chocolate....Pretzels....

I'm in...

Ran across this in a  magazine from 2011 Thanksgiving.  (I'm really behind on my reading)

These were simple to make...no baking...just melting...mixing...freezing...eating.  

I doubled the recipe...I'm thinking for a party this would be great to triple

Here you go.

1/2 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
1/2 cup butter
1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 cups chocolate candy melts or 10 oz Bakers Chocolate Chopped *I used 2 7oz tub of Bakers Melting Chocolate you stick in microwave for easy dipping
1 1/2 cups crushed Synder's Hanover Pretzel Sticks


First melt butter and peanut butter in a bowl until smooth

Then stir in your powdered sugar


Pop this in the freezer for about 30 minutes to thicken up

Scoop out heaping tablespoons *I thought tablespoons was too small and used my small ice cream scooper of the cold mixture and roll into balls, using all the peanut butter mixture; *I may have scraped and licked bowl at this point place on a parchment or wax paper lined baking sheet. Freeze for 15 minutes. 


Remove from freezer and insert one lollipop stick in each peanut butter ball

 

Melt the chocolate, following package instructions. Dip and roll each ball in the melted chocolate and dip into the crushed pretzels; place back on prepared baking sheet.


When all the peanut butter balls are finished, place baking sheet in the refrigerator for a few minutes or until the chocolate is set.

*with leftover melted chocolate...get all your fruit and marshmallows and let the kids start dipping and licking and eating.  No one likes wasted melted creamy delicious chocolate

Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.

I may have eaten 2 of these...and maybe another when the kids went to bed.  I seriously thought something was wrong with them and needed to keep checking to see if the combination of peanut butter and chocolate with crunchy salty was ok.  
I didn't want to serve my in laws something terrible
I think we have a winner!
 

Comments

Anonymous said…
These look amazingly delish!!!
Ashley Austin said…
I wouldnt be able to stop at three! These look so good! My favorite combo of sweet and salty, and creamy and crunchy, oh man..yum! Side note- Ive made your sugar cookie and icing recipe several times with great success, but just made a batch of black icing and it didnt set and is still tacky...? Have you ever had that happen? Im wondering if I used too much gel coloring (a whole jar)?
LeAnna said…
Those look amazing, but I'm disappointed you didn't incorporate eo's some how. HAHA, just kidding! ;) I need to text you soon.

Popular Posts