Knock Knock....

Who's There?

Me

Me Who?

I know it's been ages....
I've been busy.....(isn't that what people always say?)

I just haven't really had a good moment to sit and put thoughts to paper (or screen)

As soon as I do I get pulled away....you should see my draft folder....it's full of thoughts

I'm pretty much over on IG all day....It's like a mini blog w/o all the words

What brought me back for however brief it may be?

FOOD

Yep food.  What else?

I scour magazines and Pinterest for great ideas and a little gem I found on Food Network Magazine September issue HIT ME....I'm gonna share with you tomorrow!  Please come back...

But before I get into that...I'll post a few photos of the past meals and then hopefully one day update my recipe tab.  (I would like to find them easier too)

I've discovered a new IG/Blog called Real Food By Dad...his pictures are amazing and he's inspired a few meals lately!  Like this one....



Taco Pizza....we used Naan bread for the crust.....he made his own....use what ya got!




This picture is to show Ball Park Night doesn't have to be boring...Grill your hot dogs on your panini press....and then fry some fries up and then toss w/a ranch paste (packet of ranch dress and some oil for a paste.  Then toss the hot fries (in batches) with a spooful in a bowl)  Then grab your plastic boat plates and use your paper picnic liners for a fun meal.  


 

Another favorite.  (from The Busy Budgeting Mama) Pasta shells tossed with a little olive oil/s&p/tomatoes/fresh mozzarella/fresh basil)



 It's hot....break out your molds ....mix a little greek yogurt with sugar (or not) and then puree some fruit and add a little sugar (or not) ...then layer in your molds.  Lily tells me my Popsicle is better than store bought...bam



Grab your waffle press and make some breakfast tacos (realfoodbydad again)


Ok....this little gem is called Freezer Caramel Drizzle Pie
I added the coconut/pecan topping to a layer in the middle!  It was so good!  I also had leftover and made individual cups ( I may or may not have eaten those when no one was looking)


Breaking Bread....there is something about a glass of red and bread with olive oil/balsamic and cracked pepper while cooking dinner...



We had some flank with Chimichurri the other night...I pureed the leftover and added it to our burgers the next time
I got the recipe from Food Network's 50 Best ......insert they put in their magazine.  This was for 50 Grilled Steaks. 
1 cup each finely chopped parsley and cilantro
1 bunch finely chopped scallions
1 finely chopped garlic clove
1tbs finely chopped oregano (or 1 tsp dried)
1/2 cup olive oil 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
season salt and pepper




Shortbread Blondie Bars (Paula Deen May/June issue)


Another quick favorite meal I could eat weekly
Green Spicy Rice
Chicken Strips
and a Buttermilk Cilantro Jalapeno Sauce.  (triple the sauce...it was that good)


Ohhhh Had to throw in COLE'S 2ND BIRTHDAY (I can't believe he's 2) Construction Cake


Limoncello.  Took 6 weeks to make some bottles....but man of man are we enjoying the sweet golden drink


Here is my version of Lemon Drops


Grilled Rosemary Chicken and Grilled Artichokes w/a Lemon Sauce
For those asking....cut your chokes in half and then scoop out the fuzzy....then boil until tender....drain....drizzle with olive oil and cracked pepper and salt and grill cut side down!
Lemon sauce I just took some Mayo/Lemon juice/chopped garlic and s&p


FOR THE BLOG TOMORROW?  This little gem below.  I can't quit thinking about it!

Comments

I love pizza on Naan, I just featured a Ham & Pesto pizza on Naan bread not to long ago on my blog. You have great recipes for inspiration on this post. I do spend my days on IG, Pinterest and food mags like you. What is your IG name? I would like to follow you. Thanks in advance.

- La Cuisine d'Hélène

Popular Posts