Supper Or Dinner

I like this quote I saw the other day

Cracker Barrel must be run by Yankees, because they gave me a dinner menu at supper time.

Here in the South the proper term for that meal after 5pm (traditionally 5) is Supper.

Along with Southern dialect leaving so are some of our terms...and the generations are calling midday meal lunch and late meal dinner...Let's go back to our roots!

Now that I got that straight....

Let's talk Supper...

I made Sloppy Joes again last night...not from the can.  I don't know about you, but it's just as fast to throw ingredients into a pan than to open a can of that Manwich stuff....

A few  years back, 3 to be exact, I posted my favorite recipe for it...

Cheesy Sloppy Joes

It's still by far my favorite...but the other day Paula Deen had a recipe and I thought hey why not try it...and I did and the family adores it.  So much so that I have made it probably 5 times in a month period.  I double it for a total of 5lbs of meat and the neighbor kids come too. 

I may or may not have posted it....but maybe you weren't paying attention...so pay attention now and make for your family.  (I'm still partial to the other one too though b/c it calls for bbq sauce and I use my favorite Head County brand)



What truly made these too were the Tasty Ranch Fries on the side

Get the Shoestring Frozen fries and fry them up.  Get a packet of Ranch Dressing (powder kind) and mix some oil in it to create a paste.  While the fries are still hot toss with the ranchy mix  (I never said healthy I said tasty)

What's for Supper tonight?


Comments

Popular Posts