Bless This Food That I'm About To Inhale...



Over the weekend I looked in my freezer and realized I had a ton of frozen stuff and needed to use it. (or lose it)

Pork Loin...hmmmm what to do?

Pull out the slow cooker and cook that bad boy....(I ♥ my crock) and make....

Shredded Pork Tacos (inspiration came from my love of Tin Star's pork tacos)

I had about a 3.5 lb pork loin here's what I did to her....

Take a 28oz (or bigger???) can of tomato sauce and stir in: 2 tbs of chili powder, 2 tbs cumin, 2 tbs brown sugar, 1 tsp salt, handful of shakes of cayenne pepper, 3 tsp minced garlic. Blend well.

Dump this over your pork and either cook on low all day (of if you are like me and you forget cook on high for 5 hrs or until shreddable...yes, that's a word)

Grab your flour tortillas and add your shredded pork...a little of the incredible sauce..some cilantro sprigs (Hi LeAnna) and some radishes. (Thank You Tin Star for this addition)

I scoured the net for a good mexican rice (I had yet to find one I ♥) and got a collection...hit my FB friends up for one too and they seemed to concur with the ones I found)

Onion, rice, chicken broth, rotel, and some seasonings.

Saute your onion and rice for a few mins....then add ur broth and rotel to boil. Reduce heat to simmer for about 20 mins. Top with cheese.

It was fair. Still not exactly what I'm looking for.....

If you have a Mexican Rice recipe different from the one above...please send my way.

I wish I had taken pictures of the tacos. (we were hungry) But take my word....they were outstanding. Even Mini Me said "Hey Mom, how come we haven't had this more often?"

She will be getting her wish. I have another 3.5 lb pork loin in the freezer and I'm thinking Pulled Pork Sandwiches next week. (one meal down next week six more to go)


Comments

Anonymous said…
I love that sign!!
Hmm...Mexican rice, huh? I'll consult with my sister, the cook of the family, and get back to ya one that.
Im sure she has a fab recipe!
LeAnna said…
Oh yes, I need to make this! When I make spanish rice I usually use onion, bell pepper, diced tomatoes, a good chicken or veggie stock (have you tried the paste in a jar? It's pretty good...) and seasonings. And radishes??? I think that sounds amazing. Did you just slice them really thin? We have some pork roasts in the freezer, going to make your version!
Amanda said…
first of all I totally need to make those tacos!!! pioneer woman also has a delish recipe for pulled pork tacos!!

second of all LOVE that sign!
Anna said…
Sounds delish!! My SIL makes a pork butt in her crock with some meat seasoning and coke (literaly coca-cola) it.is.to.die.for. I need to get on this stat!
Angie said…
Yum! Pork tacos. Seriously that sounds so good! I get tired of my pork slow cooker recipes, this one is a must try for me for sure!!
Caroline said…
I need to make this ASAP. Maybe next week when I finally go grocery shopping!
Stef said…
That sounds amazing. I am afraid to go through my freezer at this point. Although, I do have a turkey...and my mother-in-law is coming for Thanksgiving. I am thinking a practice run would be good. You have any good recipes for turkey? Of course you do. You are AMAZING woman!
Ashley said…
You cook the best food, seriously!
Amber said…
Sounds so yummy! I love pulled pork sandwiches too. Can't wait to see your recipe for that!

Popular Posts