TIME FLIES WHEN YOU'RE SLEEP DEPRIVED

Ok maybe I'm not as sleep deprived as I used to be, but time is flying by. It seems there are not enough hours in the day to get everything done.

Christmas was a great time to see all the family again. My parents came into town for a few days. Then one night my in laws, my parents, and my brother and his wife came over for dinner and Wii games. My niece Claire enjoyed holding baby Lily and I actually got a group shot of the gang!

Christmas Eve B's brother/wife and their 4 kids came to town!!! Whew!

Update on the kids...


Grayson got the Taj Mahal he had been dying for. He actually saved his money for this one. It had over 5000 pieces. 5922 to be exact!
It took him a little over 4 days to complete....needless to say we did not see much of him during the holiday break.





Jake's best friend moved to the neighborhood down the road from us....pretty sad time for him since they were at each others house constantly. He now just mopes around. I can usually find him off on his bike somewhere though hanging w/the other neighborhood boys. Every other day that child is losing a tooth!! He's making a killing off the tooth fairy!



Princess Katelyn Kate Katie pie is about to be 8. Her birthday is coming up on the 26th and so we...or should I say SHE has been busy planning it. Kate is still all girl and I love every second of that. She is very much into clothes and purses right now!! Thankfully she is still into barbies and playing pretend. I am keeping her a little girl for as long as I can!
Kate is taking to her role of Big Sister really well....we have our moments when I realize she needs some extra attention, but I try to let her feel involved as much as possible. She is going to be a terrific mommy one day.



As for the youngest one of the bunch...Miss Lillian

She is growing so quickly that if you blink you might miss it!! She rolls from tummy to back...not all the time, but when she feels like it. I've realized we are on Lily Time. She just started swatting at toys hanging over her and grabs to put everything in her mouth!! We have just ordered some new toy rattles that she can bang away on and put in her mouth to so serious chewing!! Lily has a ton of tickle spots and has the most incredible laugh....
She talks...and sings....and is the most amazing baby!!! Lily pretty much sleeps through the night...She usually goes down by 9:30 or 10 and sleeps until 6 or 7 and then back down again for a few hours. Night time is the hardest time though...she fights sleep...I will notice that she starts to get tired after her bath...around 8ish she will start yawning and rubbing her eyes and burying her face in my shoulder...I will head upstairs and nurse her and rock her, but she fights sleep. As soon as I lay her down she wakes...this process starts all over until she fusses...fidgets....sucks...fusses...fidgets and then passes out around 10. I am hoping this phase does not last long. Morning time is great!! She is such a joy though when she wakes up....talking and playing and laughing...I love to go in there and peek over the crib and see her smile! She brightens any room!
The other day I ran across an outfit that was Kate's....I dressed Lily in it and took her picture...Here is the photo to match Kate's. Granted Kate was 6m and Lily is only 3m, but I think they look a little alike.
(Kate's photo is on top)
Over all life is pretty darn good right now...I've got no complaints! ok maybe I could stand to lose a few pounds... and get a pedicure....cover my grays....clean my house a bit more....zap laundry before it piles up.......

Comments

Michelle said…
hey, we do the fidget, fuss, suck thing too!! but ours is until around 1 am!!

btw, I had my grays covered yesterday!! woo-hoo! postpartum frump is on its way out!!
Rhonda said…
Love the update and the pics. You are in the "sweet spot" now.

Popular Posts