He's smarter then he looks...

I think Moses our dog is really a human. No seriously. He gives you this look like he knows everything I'm saying but just pretends to ignore me. Like that picture over there to the left. He's got his head turned to the side, but looking at the camera as to say, "Makes you wonder what I'm thinking huh mom?"
Or smile...I swear he smiles at me when I trip or stumble over yet another toy in the floor. I'll see him from the corner of my eye and he's grinning. But his latest HA HA moment is the bird bell. Let me explain....We got little Mosey when he was 10wks old. I have a friend who taught her dogs to ring the bell at the back of the door to let her know they needed to go out to go potty. So I'm thinking what a totally cool idea....So I take Moses to PetSmart and go to the bird aisle looking for bells. I'm hoping that after I get home being the smart dog that he is supposed to be he will master this task in no time flat. Every time I would take him outside to potty I would ring the bell and say "go outside". I did this everyday for 3 weeks thinking "UGH ring the darn bell!" But he never really did. But I never gave up. He's now 5 months and that's all he does. He rings it every time he needs to go outside. He also rings it b/c he knows that I will come to the door. I swear he is a little joker. He will ring the bell and then run and hide under the table. Like I don't know it was him. Then I have to play this....'I wonder where you are' game and he bounces out from the table and barks. Silly boy. I'm now careful what I do around him b/c I know its just a matter of time before he figures out how to use my computer. I can just see him writing a book about all things he overhears us say when we think no ones listening.

Comments

Cgal said…
I feel your pain!! Mine goes to the door and barks but when it's dinner time, if I'm ignoring him he will go to the door and bark then when I go to let him out he runs towards the laundry room where his food is kept as to say to me "oh since you're up following me over here!" lol They are WAY smarter than we give them credit for!!

Popular Posts