Lillian Brenna makes her arrival.....


Lily's Birth Story...as best to my knowledge...hee hee

(photo of Lily 1hr old)

Well let's just say I had wanted it planned where the kids were in school and I gave birth and then came home as they got out from school...and amazingly it worked out just like that!!

8pm Thursday night I started having cramps every 15mins...but then again as most pregnant women know this is nothing new.....I ignored the cramps and went to bed....I woke up around 2am...and they were still 10-15mins apart....at 4am I got up for a potty break and boom....my water broke....

I told hubby about my water and his words were, "pretend I'm your midwife and go back to bed and rest"......sure honey whatever you say....so instead I sat in the bed timing contrax....they were about 10mins apart...

I got up by 5:30 to shower and dress...went downstairs and called the family (they are 4hrs away) and started getting the kids breakfast and lunches ready for school....

Kids got up and we told them the news. They needed details on what the water was and where was it coming from...:o)...I called the midwife and she said to just meet her there at 8:45 to check me...

Kids off to school......we head to birthing center..my contrx are only 10 mins apart.....she checks me and I'm only a 1. ugh...So she says go home and grab breakfast and come back in 2 hours...I remember asking her what I shouldn't eat...she said anything I wouldn't enjoy coming back up. hee hee

Hubby takes us for some yummy pastries and by the time we get home I'm laboring pretty good...I do have a chance to eat half a muffin...but I'm noticing the contrax are getting closer, so we quickly pack and get back to the birthing center in less than 2 hrs...(arrive at 11:30am)

Now I'm contracting every 4-6 mins....some back to back...my midwife Jean checks me and I'm a 3...she lets me labor and will check on me when I need her or every 30mins to monitor me and the baby...

She comes back 30 mins later and I'm a 4...laboring pretty hard...I head to the bathroom and by the time I come back I am hurting...Ok loudly moaning...I tell hubby that there is no break...they are coming 1min apart back to back w/lots of pressure....but in my mind it has only been a few mins since she checked me....I'm starting to panic....I see the clock and wonder how on earth I will be able to continue in this kind of pain for another couple of hours??!! Your mind starts messing with you....I tried so hard to concentrate on Lily and how wonderful would be to finally see her...but then it just felt like some twisted game ...seriously! I'm walking the room...that didn't help...I tried the rocking chair...that didn't help....I tried leaning over the bed...that helped for a bit...the pain changes....it now is not manageable.

The contrx are coming harder and harder and I quit walking and swaying and hop on my side on the bed...by this point...I think i'm really moaning ..lol I'm grabbing hubby's hand for support....(needless to say the dear one is sporting a nice bruise on his upper forearm). I remember looking at him and thinking....help me....

The midwife assist comes in and starts the water in the bath...I do remember thinking "how on earth are they going to get me in there...I'm not budging"

only 25 mins went by and I feel the need to push...I panic b/c I know I was only a 4 last time she checked me....I scream for my midwife who tells me to push..i tell her no... She says It's ok....I'm fully dilated...

WHAT.....IT HAD ONLY BEEN 25 MINS....GOOD NIGHT BESSIE....no wonder the pain was earth shattering. I had natural labor w/my last 2 and the pain was nothing compared to this...now I know why...I progressed to a 10 over hours with the other children ...but with Lily I got from a 4 to a 10 in 25 mins....

So I start pushing and I know I'm making a lot of noise...my midwife finally says..."close your mouth and push from your bottom" Oh yeah...I remember now ....I finally quiet myself and push with it all....My midwife is guiding Lily....hubby and the midwife assistant pushing and holding both my feet!!!! They keep telling me I'm almost there...that they can see her head, but I don't believe them....I feel fire and pain and don't feel like I am getting anywhere...Hubby keeps saying 'push honey push' I want to shout at everyone...I AM I AM ....15mins later... I push one last time and I can see her head and shoulders....one final push and there is my girl...lungs full of air and screaming....yippee...

Hubby was terrific the whole time....I do remember him kissing my lips and my forehead...telling me how terrific I was doing....but to hear his story a demonic tone shot from my mouth telling him to back off..lol I guess by the death grip and bruise he is partially right.

Holding her in my arms for the first time was amazing....she was so alert and looking around....We noticed right off her dark black hair....no telling what color her eyes are ...we are holding off for blue... ;o)

so at 1:11pm Little Lillian Brenna entered the world weighing 8lb 11oz..... 21.5" long...and perfect!

If I remember any more details I'll post them later...I'm exhausted....I guess staring at her all night long instead of sleeping was a bad idea! But I couldn't help it!

Comments

Morningtower said…
What a great birth story! Sounds like everything went great! Thanks so much for sharing it. :) You rock!!

Popular Posts