Birth is Normal

http://www.thebusinessofbeingborn.com/

Again it goes to educating yourself b4 giving into what the Dr's tell you what is right...

From personal experience with my 2nd baby....My Dr told me and I quote...."You are stupid for not taking the drugs. We don't want you women coming in here screaming and moving all over the bed. We want your butts still and you quiet"

Huh...I don't remember being all over the bed and screaming when I gave birth. In fact I was able to tell the nurses exactly what I was feeling and be more aware. My nurse was going off her shift and stayed longer b/c she had never seen natural births! Huh again...odd and you are a Labor and Delivery Nurse! Afterwards when I was changing rooms, I walked out of the room and held the door for the staff as they were moving my things. They acted as if I was invalid and suddenly was able to walk again! Huh again!

I can't wait to head to the birthing center for my 4th delivery and be surrounded by women who do it the way it was intended. More comfort and support...Less sterile and procedure! Birth is natural, not on the time frame of my Dr's vacation schedule!

Comments

Morningtower said…
AMEN!!! May I add that the worse possible book on pregnancy/birth is "What to Expect When You're Expecting"? They could have summed that entire book up with "Just shut up and be a good little girl and do what your doctor tells you!" (Which is what it sounds like the doc at your 2nd birth wanted!) Okay. . . crawling down off my soapbox. . .

Popular Posts